Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
iPoorML is merely old and lives with you, no dementia, right (that's your mom)? That sucks. She deserves a shot quickly--and so do you & spouse as caregivers. IMO. (I also think my son the teacher--exposed to ~75 people/day at school--deserves a higher priority than he's getting.)

----

I called Doctors Care tech support line (urgent care place I went through as they had appts available in the near future). On hold 20 minutes, then she doesn't know how to deal with this type of problem and connected me to DHEC (SC health dept). The call went through, but it's a holiday for them--nobody answers.

On a positive note, I tried putting more water in the tank part of the toilet and was able to flush DH's stinky if diluted old pee at last. Someone gifted me a scented candle around 10 years ago, which I keep in the toilet room and uncover maybe once a month for 15 minutes. I uncovered it (didn't light it) in hopes of improving the odor before my handyman comes later this afternoon(!). Alas, it's kinda cold to air out the whole house, which I'd love to do. Maybe when it gets over 50 this afternoon.

ASIDE
I'm keeping my house at 68, day and night, this winter (used to do 66-67 day and 64-65 night). At 68 degrees, DH wears a long- or short-sleeve tee, 1 or 2 shirts (often a polo and a flannel), plus a fleece and/or sweater--and sometimes a ski hat(!). At least he doesn't complain. My objections to keeping the house warmer are cost and breathing. With lung issues, colder air makes breathing easier for me. I decided, tyrant that I yam, that I deserve to breathe more than he deserves to feel warm without bundling up. Maybe I'll warm up some of the emergency-stash Pacific roasted red pepper soup for lunch.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.