Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have $20,000 in an 18 month IRA earning 8% that will mature in a few days. The current rate has dropped to 4.2%. Obviously I don't want to reinvest at that rate. Need suggestions as to best avenue for investment since I'm 68 and will have to start to withdraw from my IRA in 2 1/2 years.
Print the post Back To Top
DotE, you wrote:

<< I have $20,000 in an 18 month IRA earning 8% that will mature in a few days. The current rate has dropped to 4.2%. Obviously I don't want to reinvest at that rate. Need suggestions as to best avenue for investment since I'm 68 and will have to start to withdraw from my IRA in 2 1/2 years. >>

Beware . . . .there's really not enough information about you and your situation here for ANYONE to be able to give you an appropriate answer. One needs to know a lot more about you and your present situation and the details of your finances . . .and at least some idea of what you're objectives are here.

Sorry that this is not the kind of answer you were looking for. Any other specific answer would be a completely blind answer.
You will find information on current yields on fixed income investments on the Bond board, from the links in message 40. Put the word bond in the board box below and press find. Then go to message 40.

You will need an IRA custodian who can help you with your mandatory payout set-up. With interest rates up there these days, you probably could get close to 8% in an investment grade corporate bond. You will also find current CD rates in links from message 38 on the Bond board.