Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have an old traditional IRA with about $12,000 in it and represents a relatively small portion of my retirement portfolio. The IRA is invested in 2 proprietary funds with a major full service broker opened back in my BF (Before Fool) days. Expenses are 1.07% and 1.42%. and are typically rated 2 or 3 * with Morningstar and similar ratings in Barron's. The are Class B shares but are past the deferred sales charge period. Additionally the account has a $30 annual maintenance fee. I have thought for some time that the IRA should be transferred to somewhere else that is more acceptable (Vanguard?) but since procrastination is one of my character flaws it just hasn't happened. There would be a transfer fee charged for moving it to another institution which I believe will be $75.
I am now over 59.5 years old and am about to retire so I could cash it out without penalty.
I'm interested in the thoughts of others regarding this account. Should I:
(a) Proceed with a transfer to another institution?
(b) Just hold on to the account and withdraw the funds early to support retirement?
(c) Consider some other alternative?

TIA, Bob
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.