Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I know that this is going to be a question that should be simple to find an answer to but I've spent an hour looking for the answer at the irs site and couldn't figure it out so I'm hoping someone here could help.

I took a distribution from my traditional IRA in 2001. It's all taxable and I'm filing a 1040A (I think, not sure now because of the distribution). My question is what form do I file to claim this distribution? I may not be asking all the questions I need to ask about this so any info is greatly appreciated and if I'm not asking on the right board, please direct me to the correct one. Thank you.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.