Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Can anyone identify/recommend trust companies which administer self-directed IRAs and permit dividend reinvestment without charging commissions?

I recently came across a site (the Fool, Investopedia, or maybe somewhere else) which gave the option to open up an online "book" about dividend reinvestment in IRAs, and that "book" in turn listed a number of trust companies which permit one to park shares in an account and reinvest dividends without charging commissions.

Unfortunately, I didn't record the information and cannot find it now. Any help would be much appreciated.
Print the post Back To Top
Years ago, Merril Lynch ran a service called Sharebuilder for small investors. It would allow you to reinvest dividends, buy fractional shares, and pay fractional commissions. I did not try it for an IRA but see no reason that could not be done. I don't know if it is still available or not.
Folio fn will let you reinvest dividends for many (but not all) stocks.

Costs are a bit high so you'd want to have and account of $100,000 or so.
I just happened to run across a site this morning concerning DRIPs. I don't know about setting up an self directed IRA but this site has a good amount of information about DRIPs. Some requires a subscription but, a lot of the information is free.
Hope this is helpful.

stetsonmes

http://www.moneypaper.com/