Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
IRA Excess Contributions:

Basically, you have to take it out. Of course you can't deduct any money from your tax return that you takeout. You also have to take out any earnings on that money, and pay taxes on that.

If you won't have any earned income in 2006, then you won't be eligible to to contribute for your IRA in 2006 either.

I would read up on it a little yourself, and then call your brokerage for help. Or read up on it a lot and do it yourself :)
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.