No. of Recommendations: 0
Dear Retirement Gurus or Kat:
I am now thinking that I would like to change career direction in mid-life. I would like to use my IRA money for my higher education expenses. Lets say I want to get an MBA in finance and avoid the 10% excise tax. What can I consider as room and board? Can my mortgage
and food expenses count if I live at home and commute to a State University? If I already have a
graduate degree, does that make me ineligible for another advanced degree in another field? Is
there an upper limit as to what I can take out of the IRA if I can go on for more education?
Thank you in advance for your help.
Dr. Merlot
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.