No. of Recommendations: 0
I recently rolled my wife's 401k to a traditional IRA. I have also recently opened a Roth IRA in my name. Since my wife is no longer working, and therefore not generating earned income, can a $2,000 annual contribution be made to both IRAs? Can I also open an education IRA and make a $500 annual contribution. If so, that means we can contribute $4,500 (with $2,000 of it being tax-deductible) to IRA accounts each year? Any insight is appreciated.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.