Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I had a regular IRA account that I was having trouble getting transfered from one trustee to another to I simply requested distribution of the money (~$50,000). However it came to me less 20% with holding to Uncle Sam. Now I need to come up with the other 20% before the 60 days are up. I also have in a taxable account shares of stock that I do not want to sell for tax reasons. Questions:

1. Can I use equivelent value of stock to add to the 80% cash to deposit into the new rollover account so as to come up with the needed dollar amount?

2. If so, how are the value of the stock shares determined -- prior day's closing price, avg. of high or low, etc.?
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.