Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Besides seeking professional help(!)--Tax wise has anyone been down the road of a Rollover/Transfer of a former employer's qualified plan to personal IRA's when a "QDRA" was not filled at the time of divorce? Bad enough to now to figure the amount---but what is the best way to avoid the tax man (for both parties)? Part to be divided would be 401k/403b and profit sharing. I also have ESOP money that would only go to me.

A bit complex but any general advice appreciated.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.