Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
i received a check for $4100 from an 401k plan i had from an employer i left. They deducted $800 for taxes for taxes. I did not ask for the check i wanted it to be rolled over to my ira acct. They advised me to send in a check for the $800 that was deducted for the taxes and I would be able to obtain it back on my taxes.

I am just wondering how I can do this and where when I am filling out my taxes.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.