Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Ira,

Thanks for your feedback. Here is what I did and the results.

$783.00 shown on Block 8, 1099-INT from USAA Mgmt Co for Tax Exempt Interm-Term Fund. $43 = $783 x 5.47%(sum of % for VA, DC, Puerto Rico, Guam shown on Source of Tax-Exempt Income Form from USAA). While entering info on Schedule B
I checked bloc "I need to adjust these amounts"; selected option "more that one state" on screen Interest From Which State; entered $43 in the Adjustment area and checked bloc "my accrued interest in included on Form 1099-INT.
Results:
Line 8b, 1040: $740 (I think this should be $783, but ????)
VA state return shows $740 on Additions line under Federal AGI.

I did not know how to proceed with your comment "Then on a second line enter the remainder coded as XX."
I welcome any recommendations on how to revise my return. Thanks again.

Joe
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.