Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
No, I'm not asking who has the lowest trading costs. I would like to open a Roth IRA and use a Foolish 4 approach. But this would require 8 or so trades a year, and at 10 or 20 dollars a trade, fees would take a significant bite out of a 2000 dollar investment. True, in a few years the effect of trading costs would be greatly reduced, but for the near term they are a problem. I figure that I would be ahead of the game if I could pay the trading costs with "regular" money rather than Roth sheltered money.
So, I would like to know
1) Do IRS regulations permit trading costs to be billed to an investor, rather than be charged to the IRA?
2) If the answer to 1 is "Yes", are there brokers that are willing to do this?

Thanks for your help,
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.