No. of Recommendations: 0
Iran’s uranium enrichment program is legal: U.S. law professor

But as I’ve argued herein, and as I explain much more fully in my 2011 book, the interpretation the U.S. is clinging to so zealously is simply incorrect as a matter of law, and has always been a marginal position which it alone has strongly maintained.

While some aspects of U.S. nuclear policy have changed dramatically – at least in word if not in sufficient deed – since president Obama took office in 2008, U.S. policy positions on NPT Article IV and the rights and obligations relating to peaceful use contained therein, seem not to have significantly evolved. This is a shame for all sorts of reasons, but the most immediate and problematic is the unnecessary stumbling block that this increasingly marginalized position by the U.S.– yet one it apparently refuses to depart from – is creating for the already sufficiently difficult diplomatic efforts to defuse the crisis over Iran’s nuclear program.

I would urge the USG to reconsider this erroneous and unhelpful legal position, and to bring its legal and policy positions on the matter into line with those of the international community.

http://www.tehrantimes.com/politics/99815-irans-uranium-enri...

We knew that didn't we.

He knows his stuff, Professor Daniel H Joyner:

http://www.law.ua.edu/directory/People/view/Daniel_Joyner

Regards

Tony
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.