Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Does anyone have information on any discount brokers, who will handle a self directed IRA, and how do you roll one over to them. Are the fees less to handle it than a regular broker?
Print the post Back To Top
<<Does anyone have information on any discount brokers, who will handle a self directed IRA, and how do you roll one over to them. Are the fees less to handle it than a regular broker?>>

Check the dicount broker board for specifics on all the brokers, but it's an easy process and almost all take IRAs. If you contact the broker you're transferring to, they'll send you the paper work and handle it from there. I used Waterhouse because they have no annual fee on IRAs (but $25 to close the account) and their on-line trading fees are a moderately low $12. If you're going to trade very often, you may prefer a different broker at $8 per trade. If you want to be able to get through during that one exceptionally busy day of the year, you might prefer yet a different broker. In any case I hope you'll do your own research on prices, rules, and how satisfied people are with each discount or deep-discount broker.
Rogerd, thanks for the advice. Now I'm off to see if I can find the discount broker board. It's hard being a new fool.
Souperchef2 writes:

<<Rogerd, thanks for the advice. Now I'm off to see if I can find the discount broker board. It's hard being a new fool.>>

But with so many helping hands within the Foolish Community I'm certain it will get easier and easier for you.

Welcome aboard and Fool on!

Regards….Pixy