Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
irasmilo writes (in part):

If HoH status is yours, then you can release all of the other credits to your ex via Form 8332. If you don't qualify for HoH based on what I laid out in the first paragraph, there is no way for you to obtain it through any action of your ex or yourself.

I reply:

Thanks very much, Ira. One follow-up. Am I correct that eligibility for the health insurance subsidy and for the $1400 payment pursuant to the American Relief Plan will be determined based on which of us claims him as a dependent? Thanks again. --Bob
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.