Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Iron Chef Morimoto and James Beard Award winner Chef Takashi Yagihashi deliverd a fabulous 6 course dinner at Tribute Restaurant.

Hors D'oeuvers
Yuzu wine

Salad of Chilled Abalone, Mirugai and Octopus
Sesame Miso Dressing
Hitachino Next Beer, White Ale

Steamed Pacific Oyster with Sea Urchin and Foie Gras
Teriyaki Sauce
Hitachino Nest Beer, Red Rice Ale

Anago Tempura
Gorgonzola Cheese Sauce
Kikumori, Kurashizuku Sparkling Sake

Braised Pork Belly with Sansho-Port Wine Glaze
Quail Egg, Daikon
Kikumori Warm Kurahabiki Daiginjo Sake

American Kobe Beef with Sauteed Mizuma
Morimoto Thai Sauce
Kikumori, Chilled Gekkakow Daiginjo Sake, 1999

Yogurt Pannacotta
Melon, Muscat-Ginger Caramel., Green Apple Sorbet
Ume Wine

Pumpkin Chibouste
Maracaibo Milk Chocolate, Chestnut Wafer, Burnt Honey-Pistachio Ice Cream
Kome-Shochu

The Steamed Pacific Oyster with Sea Urchin and Foie Gras was a wonderfully decadent dish. Very rich, bold flavors. The Kobe beef was also great. Not as good as Japanese Kobe but still nice. The only dish I was not completely happy with was the Anago Tempura. I enjoy Gorgonzola but felt this was not the right dish for it. It overpowered the eel.

The beer's and Sake's were nicely matched with the dishes. I never had a sparkling sake before. It was enjoyable but did not have much sparkly to it. I admit, I did crave a glass of wine with a few of the dishes. Yuzu was a great aperitif. I will look for a few bottles for the house.

Morimoto has great personality. Very funny man. Very friendly. Hopefully I will eat at his Philly restaurant someday.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.