Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 2
Is it as simple as adjusting our withholding to add the $2500 in total withholding through the year?


so do I need to try to account for that and adjust that $2500 upward a bit?


Unlike estimated payments, withholding is considered to be received equally through the year. This can be advantage for avoiding underpayment penalties.

There are three federal safe harbors, and your state may have different safe harbors. You should try to meet at least one of the safe harbors.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.