No. of Recommendations: 0
During the year, I normally contribute financially to one or two new organizations i.e organizations I have either not helped prior, or not helped in the recent past. So this year, I added Second Harvest/Feeding America and American Indians Nation.

My normal experience has been one makes a donation and a few weeks later
there's an acknowledgment or receipt letter (sometimes it is also the tax donation letter). Once in a while, an organization will contact me again for a special need e.g. Red Cross, or perhaps during the holiday season (Thanksgiving/Christmas). Otherwise, the interaction is once, perhaps twice a year. I have donated twice to both Second Harvest and American Indian Nation this year, and yet I get two or three pieces of mail a month from each organization.

Is it just me? Have other folks been getting multiple requests in a month from the same charitable organization? These are both food charities, is this the impact of 10-11% unemployment?

Hohum
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.