Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
Is it normal for guys to be ... hesitant to let the ladies initiate sex? (Not about making decisions during sex, but actually saying.."Let's go!")

From the other side of the relationship, I've run into this.

As a girl I was in a sexually abusive home. This lead to a few issues in my relationship with DBF/DH. I wasn't very likely to initiate sex or certain acts, especially in the early years. Over time, as I grew older and more mature and had more distance from the abuse, I had less problems and I was as likely to initiate it as he was.

Now we have the opposite issue. He has had some health issues for the past 8 years, and as a result, I'm nearly always the one make the invitation. And I get turned down alot.

I think alot of it is physical, but I do know that because his interest level and abilities are a lot less than before, he feels more pressure to perform than he'd like or I intend.

But yes, I do think he prefers to be the one in control most of the time.

Always ;-)
Hunzi
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.