Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Is it on the market now? How's that going?

Yes, finally, thanks for asking. As of late this (Friday) afternoon it is in Zillow and realtor.com. Almost nine months to the day since I closed on my new place. The realtor needs to get more pictures, the light was bad this afternoon. The stove is still the one with 2 working burners, disclaimer provided, but I might have to spring for whatever HD or Lowes has in stock. Though I told the realtor about the stove a while ago, today she mentions you can't get a mortgage (or some at least) without a stove. The lock box is on the front door. At the start of a rainy holiday weekend.

The painters did a great job. The carpet cleaners were unable to fix the worst spots, but they were still worth it. The general cleaners did a lot. I replaced the three worst boards of the deck. The landscapers (grandson, employed by son-in-law) weeded and mulched the beds. I pulled the grass and weeds from around the hostas and irises, and did an extra cleaning on a few key windows. The two front rose bushes are starting to go crazy with flowers. I scrubbed the slate floor where the wood stove used to be and made it passable looking, but never applied olive oil as a couple of sites suggested. I bought a Bona mop for hardwood floors and those look a bit less worn. Replaced a family heirloom dining room light, and a double-tube 8 foot fluorescent in one garage with a light bulb socket, both with the help of the family electrician.

We tried to price it realistically, not greedily; I'm assuming that if we priced it low the market will take care of that. If it is too high, the market will tell us that too. (My granddaughter in VT had a house they were looking at grabbed by someone from out of state who ever saw it in person. I don't expect anything that crazy.)

Now we wait.
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.