Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
Is it time for me to tell my state legislators that it should not cost me a bundle to e-file?

You can probably e-file your California return for free. Right here:

The fee you are paying to TurboTax goes only to TurboTax. You are paying them for their time and effort to create their program which prepares California tax returns and then e-files those returns.

Why TT chooses to give away their Federal program and charge for the state program is beyond me. But it's their business decision to make.

In short, contacting your state legislator will not help with this issue. (It doesn't help on many others as well, but that's a topic for PA).

--Petri non dormitat
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.