Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Thought this was interesting. There has been some news flow about attendance for Disney's "Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge" falling below expectations.

I actually was starting to think about this possibility when it seemed like the buzz for the attraction seemed to dissipate after the opening. I'm sure a lot of people are still going and are excited for it, and, more importantly, are buying merchandise, but I just wonder if people are tiring a bit of the hype. Who knows, hard to say. And I haven't seen any big write-ups from major media outlets, these reports are mostly in blogs, some probably citing the other. Of course, that's how such info sometimes begins its distribution.

If anyone has been to "Edge," please give a report. The reason I mention this here is because perhaps this is good news (if accurate?) for Uni Studios?

Here is a link to what I believe is a well-regarded Disney blog (not from Disney itself, of course):

https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-world/putting-the-galaxy...

I think one big thing to consider is that a smaller-than-expected crowd is actually a good thing, as mentioned in the link, because consumers can enjoy themselves more when there isn't an onslaught of park-goers. That means they can buy more and do more and want to come back. Ultimately, this attraction will be a moneymaker and will provide a lot of synergy for new Hasbro toy lines and collectibles, and new movie releases.

Still, Comcast can perhaps breathe a little easier (for now). Would love to see Rick Munarriz do an article on the topic...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.