Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey folks,


A family member of mine is disabled and collects social security.


Could this social security be put toward an IRA/Roth IRA? Basically I'm wondering if her social security money is technically earned income.

A simple yes/no will do. Actually if you could provide a link as well. I tried searching for this answer but sometimes searching the fool can be hit or miss.


matt crabtree
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.