Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey folks,


A family member of mine is disabled and collects social security.


Could this social security be put toward an IRA/Roth IRA? Basically I'm wondering if her social security money is technically earned income.

A simple yes/no will do. Actually if you could provide a link as well. I tried searching for this answer but sometimes searching the fool can be hit or miss.


matt crabtree
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
It should be unearned income - look at your 1040 (I know it's an effort <g>). Social Security payments are reported separately from wages.

Print the post Back To Top