Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
A lot of the high growth, limited/no earning stocks have gotten whalloped. Depending on your view it is either a correction and buying opportunity or reality setting in. I tend to view it as the latter based on going through this in the late 90s but I'm sure many will say "it is different this time".

And if you got in early and made 100%+ you can afford to lose some of that profit but I had a lot of coworkers in the 90s use the drops as buying opps only to see them throw away huge profits and end up with losses.

I'm too close to retirement to gamble on those stocks and only hold token amounts.

Investing now seems to be "find the latest craze/fad and jump on board" whether it is tech stocks, GME, NFTs, crypto currencies, baseball cards, housing, etc. Almost like surfing, if you catch the wave right you can make serious money, if not then you'll crash.

Might be an interesting year or two.
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.