Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Is there a list of Rule Breaking stocks (not just the ones in the portfolio) floating around somewhere on the Fool???

I think I addressed a similar question on another board, and I think the response applies directly to this question as well. As the old proverb says:

"Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day.
Teach a man a fish, and he will eat for a lifetime."

The purpose of the Motley Fool is to teach us how to "fish" for good stocks, not to provide us with hot stock tips. If that is what you want, then you'd better stick to using brokers and their associated commission fees.

By using the information provided here on the Fool, you will gain the insight to value any particular stock, not just the ones that are listed in the Rule Breaker portfolio. Does this portfolio include every potential Rule Breaker stock? Absolutely not. I'm sure that the Gardners haven't examined the thousands and thousands of stocks that are available and measured each of them against the Rule Breaker criteria.

My suggestion to you is to take something that you are deeply familiar with, such as the industry you work in, and look for Rule Breaker stocks there by measuring each potential candidate against the criteria. Yes, this will take some time and effort on your part ... but isn't that what the Foolish approach is all about, ie. taking the responsibility for our investments instead of relying on the Wise for there underperforming recommendations and excessive fees?

This approach has certainly worked for me as my one "rule breaker" stock is up 70% since I bought in back in mid-February. And no, it isn't in the Rule Breaker portfolio.

Just my two cents.

the LanceMan

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.