Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I've been sitting out the speculative share boom for the last 2 years; not to unprofitably in property.
I'm shure that most of you will think that this has not been a good decision but never the less I have a good deal of cash and am waiting for the market to reach a stable bottom.
What sort of indecators do you people think would be most sensible to follow? And once the market has lowered and leveled out is this a time to weight ones portfolio in blue chips, high tech, or bright new issues given that I am interested in moderate risk investment opportunities over a 5 year period.

I await your opionions with interest and appreciation.
Print the post Back To Top
IMO dont do it until after the Fed has raised interest rates at their next meeting on May 12. The CPI data out in the morning and the Fed's meeting pm. They will increase rates by 0.25% and this will have an adverse effect on equities (and bonds are the unknown factor.)

If you are cashed up then invest in interest bearing securities until such time as the markets adjust to the new rates. Then it should be a good buying opportunity.

I do not like the technical analysts report from October 2000 onwards and would be wary about being in the markets around this time.

Other than that remember caveator emptor!
I thought as much.
What you are essentially saying that at the moment it is more a speculators market rather than an investors one.
I'll tread a weary course and wait for the Fed. statement.
ta!
Dear Bramo

Although i am a high-tech investor and have sufferred for it, i suggest any quality growth stocks such as Lend Lease or even better Brambles looking at your risk/reward outlook.

Good luck investing
Lancelot Yu