No. of Recommendations: 0
Is this your own business or do you work for someone? If you own the business, is it set up as a sole propietorship, an LLC or something else? Which state do you live in? Some of these can influence what you need.

Ideally, if you work for someone, they *should* have a business liability policy that covers their drivers while the vehicles are being operated for business use -- and you'd have to make sure the policy covers all employees or that you have been specifically added as an operator on the policy. (I would NOT assume this, though -- confirm it!)

In pretty much all cases you will need some type of business liability coverage above and beyond your own personal auto insurance as it generally doesn't cover liability for business use. But the details may be dependent on the specifics of your situation.

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.