Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Isn't it PeopleSoft that has the ad that shows the guy brushing his teeth at his desk?

While that implies a certain commitment on the part of the staff, this policy seems to clash pretty strongly with that image. In my view, the fact that PS thinks it needs such a policy seems to imply that there are problems, either with staff who take telecommuting as an opportunity to slack off, or with management, who on an individual basis, have not been competent in managing telecommuting staff. Or, possibly worst of all, the policy is driven by some bureaucratic need for control, regardless of productivity and dedication.

Whatever the reason, this is the sort of thing that I'd hate to see coming out of a company I held shares of.

I do not own PSFT, and haven't really been that interested in them,
but I sure do detest bureaucracy.

== dj
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.