Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
It gets complex and I am not expert but my understanding is that if you are you full retirement age which varies by when you were born, like 66, then you can do a "File and suspend" (google this) on your account to let her collect benefits based on your earnings.

I'm not there yet, but from what I have heard you can make an appointment to go into your local social security office and they will walk you through most of your options pretty well.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.