Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
It goes from bad to worse....

http://www.tonymedley.com/2008/The_Day_the_Earth_Stood_Still...

"This answers the age-old question, how bad can a movie be? I thought that “The Day After Tomorrow” (2004) had seen disaster movies hit their nadir, but I hadn’t reckoned with director Scott Derickson and screenwriter David Scarpa. They have seen that turkey and raised it."

"This has one idiotic occurrence after another, just like “The Day After Tomorrow.” There’s a huge robot that can control electricity and just about everything else. But the good guys capture this robot and transport it to a huge building to try to drill it open. How did they capture and control something so powerful, you might ask? Don’t"

"Reeves is perfectly cast for Scarpa’s script because he only has to say short sentences composed of words that rarely exceed one syllable."

Hmmmm......We'll see how the little programmable 'child units' respond to this movie. Not much else out there to go see, and it is PG-13 so I guess a lot of parents, looking for something to entertain the kiddies, will let them or drag them to see this....

t
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.