Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
This morning I tested my blood two hours after breakfast; my glucose number was 63. I got some orange juice out of the vending machine and called the advice nurse: he had my doctor call me back. My doctor took me off the glypiside (which he had me taking half an hour before breakfast).
So I'll be interested to see what my reading is two hours after breakfast tomorrow.

Tonight I'm going to order an I.D. bracelet off the Internet. I found a woman who is a jeweller and a diabetic -- she's designed a wide variety of styles for her medical I.D. jewelry.

I got new prescription lenses yesterday (the eye doc said the diabetics did cause the sudden blurriness).

The orange juice is going in my tote bag for my commute ride home tonight (better safe than sorry).

I'll respond to your posts tonight.
Randy, thank you for your compliment about the way I'm making these lifestyle changes. Heads up: I'm going to the Dickens Faire on Saturday and I'm going to eat a high carb dish that I've been looking forward to having for a whole year (I had a taste last December)-- Yorkshire Pudding.

Cheers,

Shire
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.