Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
It helps to have an oven with Shabbos-mode. That was the main reason we bought a Kitchen-Aid oven. (The feature is actually most useful on Yom Tov, but can be useful on Shabbos, too.)

We bought our oven in 1999, but I've heard that other brands now offer Shabbos mode.

So what does a Shabbos mode do? Does it keep the oven constantly on, or turn it on with a timer whether you use it or not?

The reason I ask is because I wonder whether you think it's moral to waste energy and contribute to global warming, thus jeopardizing the future of our children and all of humanity. For example, I think Shabbat elevators are a greater sin than pressing a button to call the elevator when you need it. (And why pressing a button on Shabbat is worse than walking up six flights of stairs is incomprehensible to begin with).

Elan
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.