No. of Recommendations: 1
It is a little surprising that he had such a dislike for Pappy Bush, who was the other wonk.

Based on another article I read (that I can't find now) about his book, the reason was that Bush Sr tried to influence Fed policy to help himself politically - i.e. apparently he blamed the Fed (in part) for his 92 loss for not lowering rates enough to get the economy turned around quick enough. While Clinton was much more hands-off and respected the independence of the Fed.

I do not say this to make any political comments on the two presidents in any way, but from the perspective of a Fed Chair, I understand why that would breed some dislike.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.