No. of Recommendations: 11
It is a new day. Thypeace said to post every day, so here are a few thoughts.
"Make sure your spouse is on board" is now in progress. I AM that spouse that needed to get in the ring.

Budget. Ugh. That will be a work in progress. I am going to put a 90 day goal on the written budget. In the shorter term, we are looking at pay periods and expenses and due dates and such and understanding the framework and the likelihood of success next month. One step at a time.

Consistency. I am hearing and understanding how important this will be. It is the key to progress.

Here is what I can do today:
Cash in old savings bonds. I have four $50 savings bonds that are decades old that were given to me as awards/thank yous. Yesterday I looked up the values and found that they have fully matured and will no longer earn interest. It is time! These are small, but they represent $530 that can attack the debt TODAY. I will raid my venmo account that has a few hundred in it from my side hustle this month. Combined, and in addition to the normal payment this will pay off CC#1 to zero. That is by far the smallest balance, but a reward is a reward and that is important at this point. Consistency may be the key to progress, but I also think that seeing progress will be the key to (wanting) consistency. Those two will feed off of each other, I suspect.

Thanks for the encouragement. I am feeding off of it and learning from your experience.
Walstib
Print the post  

Announcements

UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.