Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
It is amazing to me, how many Conservatives who in the past I've voted with and agreed with, were so easily hoodwinked by the Trump Cult Leader effect....and are resistant about anything from quarantines to masks.

Funny part is usually we on the Right *love* fear. Fear of terrorists, fear of the 'homosexual agenda', fear of the illegal immigrants. And yes - I am not above it. I did, and do have concerns about many of those things and more.

So any ways, these people, the same ones who bought duct tape to protect against bio attacks, who want guns to ward off the Federal Government should it become tyrannical....... somehow have no concerns about a real virus, that has stricken anyone from the poor schlub at the bottom, all the way up to Presidents and Prime Ministers. We love "pre emption" and "killing them before they kill us"....yet when it comes to masks or Covid, somehow we're too cool to be bothered by it.

Once again - tribalism. People want to cling to their sect, their caste, their ideology, their self imposed ghetto ....that literally, they die over it.

"E Pluribus Unum". My goodness that is so out of style, and it's never coming back. Not even after Freedom Fighters attack America, next time the obligatory 3 days of "we are united" and yellow ribbons won't even come out.

In the past, adversaries faced a united America at water's edge.

No more.

And no doubt, many in our own nation - the LeeLee types, WANT it like this also. Weakened from within.

It's a WMD that Putin and XI can't rival.

JediRed
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.