Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
It is possible to have separate medical insurance for the parents and the children. It may not be cost effective, but could be an option.

This is what we did. Youngest was still in college and we paid for healthcare through the university for him, which was reasonable. Any student who is taking a certain minimum number of credits is eligible. It's what I may do when I lose retiree healthcare because DH has Medicare. As long as the gov't doesn't lower the age of Medicare, I should be over 60 when this happens and can get free tuition. Lots of classes I would be happy to take, for fun.

Not everyone's preference, but I find learning fun. Or there is part time work that allows you to get healthcare coverage.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.