Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
it is that it doesn't make sense for a pharmacy to accept high Valeant prices for generic drugs that can be bought for less by other generic drugmakers

But this is surely a small part of the whole story.

Yes, growth will be reduced as they said just yesterday, but debt is being reduced, B+L continues to do well and will do even better going forward, the non-generics are growing overall and will continue to be broken out, Salix could be huge for them, etc.

WBA will drive volumes which will result in higher profits going fwd than their price-hike model, and is much more sustainable [again, 2016 has been revised down due to winding down Philidor, etc]

I don't understand why the bears* on VRX pretend customers don't often like paying up for branded generics.

Haven't you ever bought Tylenol?

not betting on $150 in the near future,

Naj

* And the vague hand-wavery like 'cheating.' There is no quote-unquote cheating - either they broke the law, or they didn't. Using a third-party to help patients get their drugs faster & have their insurers pay some/most/all -- even if it's high! -- is not illegal.

If they committed insurance fraud, now that's another story entirely. But if I were a bear, I'd have a definite view** on whether this happened or not rather than vague negative puffery about VRX outwitting megalith Insurers who turn down valid claims by the thousands, daily.

The pharma industry is full of hundred-million dollar settlements with the Feds - Bristol just got tagged for what, $250m? They've had fines of $650m and $515m in the past.

** If you did mean 'fraud' by 'cheating' than I agree with your point, but your language is still vague. If you think they have been systematically committing fraud a la Enron, feel free to say it.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.