No. of Recommendations: 1
It is unfortunate that your friends (the parents) didn't learn anything from the experience. But, hopefully the daughter did. Clearly she worked hard as she got into school and graduated as the first in her family.

Sorry about the confusion. The UGMA-18 was the new account with my daughter's babysitting and gift money. She wanted that in a separate account that was just her contributions. I am able to write checks out of the UGMA-25 account for tuition and such.

She did the work. All I did was provide about half the money.

It takes a community. You did good. You made a difference in the world. Hopefully the young woman has learned a lesson about saving for the future and will put away some of her own nickles for her future retirement.

Vicki
Fool One Guide
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.