Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
It is up to 20% on revenue. Last year they’re royalty on Spinraza was 12.5% of revenue, which I believe must have equated to around 40% of net profit. Sales were around $900 million and the orphan drug manufacturers usually bring about 25-30% to the bottom line. And, IONS has no associated expense related to their payment other than taxes.

Some our different levels of interest are based on the fact that I don’t like the binary nature of biotech. That is part of why IONS appeals to me. Much more interested to understand if this is a stock that at some point could deliver 20-25% for several years.

My only real concern remains the effectiveness of their drugs compared to any competitors. The drugs work, the safety issues seem to be under control and the drugs currently in the later stages are not even newest generation.

I don’t know. I said I was going to hold my 100 shares and then I bailed.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.