Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 11
The local news this evening reported this is happening all over the country.

Denver hospitality workers seeking greener pastures

Leisure and hospitality along with accommodations and food services have the nation’s highest quit rates. Those three industry brackets are losing workers at twice the rate of the country’s industries altogether.

“A lot of those service economies were greatly impacted,” he said. “Those employees feel very much at risk. With so many opportunities to match higher starting salaries. Those are the industries where those people can match their previous salary that might seem more secure to them.”

https://kdvr.com/news/denver-hospitality-workers-seeking-gre...

Interesting counterpoint to the whining "JCs" I see on the news every night complaining "no-one wants to work". Got that right bunkie, no-one wants to work for your lousy pay and hours, because they have better opportunities.

In a conversation I had elsewhere, we discussed the increasing rates of retail staff being beaten, stabbed, and shot, over stupid minor stuff like masks, and soaring rates of shoplifting, and the first thought in my mind is is a retail clerk watching a shoplifter cleaning shelves going to wonder if the perp has a gun or knife that he will use if the clerk interferes with the shoplifting, and decide he is not going to give his life defending a box of tampons.

Steve
Print the post  

Announcements

This is a Politics Free Board
Politically charged posts are not permitted on the Metar Board. If you make a political post, and it is alerted, the post will be removed. Thanks!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.