No. of Recommendations: 1
It may be around the Dallas area, if you turn 65, you won't be able to see a lot of doctors unless you sign up for Medicare Advantage plans.

My doc and his practice of about 40-50-60 docs will not accept new Medicare patients - only those on Medicare Advantage. They will, for the time being, continue to see legacy patients who are on Medicare......so far, so good. But, who knows, eventually I might be forced to sign up for Advantage to continue there.

Even if you've been going to them for 20 years, if you turn 65 now, it's Medicare Advantage or out the door.

They're one of the largest providers in this town and I suspect others will be following in their footsteps shortly. (they have 3 different buildings in 3 different towns they rotate through as well - a few days here, few days there).

My heart doc is not with them, nor is my ear doc.

t.
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.