Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
It seems that, living in Canada, paying Canadian taxes on my mid 5 figure income from SS and stock dividends, should qualify me for the national health plan.


It might, but you would have to talk to someone who knows such things? I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it but the IRS might have some say in who you pay your taxes to?

Healthcare depends on the province, while the feds set minimum standards and rules each province runs the show with some differences. According to RK there are ~ a million Americans living in Canada, double that if you include dual citizens.
Print the post  


This is a Politics Free Board
Politically charged posts are not permitted on the Metar Board. If you make a political post, and it is alerted, the post will be removed. Thanks!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.