Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
It seems that Portland and Multnoma County bit off a bit more than they wanted to chew. They stated in their letter accompanying the refusal to renew that this refusal need not end up in litigation. They tipped their hand pretty early that they are in no mood for litigation.

Inviting negotiation, but only on their terms, open access to the plant. What a joke. So AT&T will engineer and provide a plant that everyone can use? I think that the recent FCC ruling pretty well puts the Kabash on open access requirements. I expect that the courts will find that open access as a condition of a franchise renewal is in direct conflict with Federal Laws and that open access is in no way implied by the franchise agreement. I wish we could get a copy of the franchise agreement to read to verify that.

The real losers in the court battle will be the citizens of the Portland area. If the city and county prevail they will lose out on a first class communication plant, If city and County lose they get saddled with a lot of legal expenses. Hopefully they will wise up soon.

LuxSit
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.