Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
It seems very significant to me - the issue here is standard setting, not just because you can (Microsoft) but because customers want it (VISA).

There is a huge consumer benefit in being able to browse the whole of the net as if it was one big mall where you can use any cash register when you're done. (Stretching the analogy a bit - you are really making walking out of each store much easier - has anyone here USED InstaBuy? If not why not??) Giving Instabuy away helps them get to the "big mall" point.

THEN they have something worth money (in addition to their CashRegister, and in addition to how much more attractive / essential CashRegister becomes because of InstaBuy)

I would really like to see a graph of active merchants and customers as I don't believe the financials show all of their growth (thanks to the giving-it-away behaviour) Indeed their financials don't show any growth over the last nine months which is enough to scare off any casual investor and any broker/recommmender who doesn't want to look like he sould have known better if it tanks.

I read the press releases, but don't have the overall picture - anyone??

Bny
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.