Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
It should be, yes, but you will have to wait until you leave the current employer. Is the Employer Match in a separate account from the two 401k's? Since you are fully vested, it should be your money in the Traditional 401k (if tax deferred) or the Roth 401k (if post-tax contribution). My guess is that it is pre-tax, but personally I have not heard of a company match that didn't go into the actual 401k but was held in a separate account. Then again, it's been a long time since I have had a job that offered any retirement savings.

Fuskie
Who suggests taking to your IRA broker to find out the steps you will need to take to roll the cash assets of the retirement savings over to your IRA accounts so that you will be prepared when you do leave your current position...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.