Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 9
It sounds to me like they are setting you up for a lay-off.

I've seen it happen more than a few times...the last time I was the victim.

I could tell exactly the same story. I worked at a company for several years and never had anything but "perfect" reviews. After a company reorganization I had a new boss and once again my next review was flawless. Fast forward six months and my next review suddenly took a nose dive. When I asked for specific examples I got very vague answers. I was never really told what I was doing wrong or how I could fix it.

I immediately started looking for a new job. Within six weeks, I was told that my position had been eliminated.

Fortunately I already had been on several interviews and one job was 90% lined up. The two to three weeks I spent at home between the old and new jobs was more of a vacation than a stress fest of frenzied interviewing.

If I were you, I'd start looking at other options. Look at it in these terms: Best case scenario: you are totally wrong about your company's intentions but now you have your resume updated and maybe even polished up your interview skills. Worst case scenario: You're company is about to screw you but instead of being blind-sided you are totally prepared.

If you have a family (like I do) it is makes it all that much more important to be ready for the worst.

Good Luck!

John(andLori)
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.