Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
It took about 14 days after closing to get it rented out.

One surprise (not positive) was while we had about 22 walk-thrus, we had only 3 quality applications. (There were more, but just not of good quality). I'm hoping that is because it was end of September - and families, most of them were already settled for the school year.

Anyway, tenant is a 30something, 2 college degrees - and working in his chosen field for 6 years. His credit score is 850 - highest I've ever seen from an applicant.

I know I overpaid for the house in this frenzy - but just this week, I saw the exact same unit, in the exact same complex as mine was advertised for rent. Mine was a 2 year deal @1825 per month - with auto $100 bump for the 2nd year. This other unit was starting out at $1875. So 50 bucks isn't buying anyone a World Cruise, but if it rents for that in the next week or so I'll feel a bit more comfortable with it. As of now in that zip code, 3bed/2bath listings are very very few. Bracing myself for increase in inventory next year and then reevaluate the next move.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.