Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
It turns out that he's going to be allowed to throw himself under the bus. He's responsible for completing the test cases he's developed. So when the majority of the bugs/enhancements pass his tests but actually fail once our customers re-test them, he'll have done the throwing. I hope he likes it under the bus.

Whoa. You're going to let these bugs out so that a customer can find them? Just so that the dude can successfully throw himself under the bus?

If you were my employee and I found out that you knew about these bugs and let them out anyway just so that you could hang around and other dude could be fired, I'd fire you, too.

I think the best thing to do here is voice your concerns to your PM and let him/her know that there are problems that you are aware of that you don't want to get to the customer. Let the PM know that you think there are holes in the test plan and give specific examples of things that are broken but won't be caught.

But, for the love of all that is holy, do not let problems get to the customer to suit your agenda. That may be good for you, but it's bad for the company, which is bad for you.

-shorty
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.